Public bug reported:

Ubuntu Release: 22.04.1.LTS

Problem:

On 10/24/22, I installed the latest Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS updates. I don't
know what was updated, but many of the packages had "oem" or "oracle" in
their names, which I don't remember seeing before. Before updating, I
had a NVIDIA driver from the "Software & Updates/Additional Drivers"
list installed and I was using X11. I don't remember the driver version
number, but it was the highest. After updating, Settings/About/Graphics
changed from a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti to "llvmpipe (LLVM 13.0.1, 256
bits)". Windowing system was still X11. My three-monitor setup reverted
to one monitor, and the display was of low resolution. I tried
proprietary NVIDIA drivers 515, 510, and 470, but none restored the
system to three monitors and high resolution. However, the Nouveau
driver did restore the system. Settings/About/Graphics changed to NV162.

Work-Around:

I am now using the driver installed via "sudo sh NVIDIA-
Linux-x86_64-515.76.run", from NVIDIA's website.

** Affects: ubuntu-drivers-common (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-drivers-common in Ubuntu.

  Proprietary NVIDIA drivers stopped working as of 10/24/22 update

Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu: