This situation affected me too (Ubuntu 22.04). I couldn't open any files
from the GNOME Activities overview, and trying to open file paths from
the Audacious playlist wouldn't work either. With wslu installed, the
terminal output from Audacious read:

~$ audacious
Gtk-Message: 10:40:48.739: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
grep: /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/WSLInterop: No such file or directory
WSL Interopability is disabled. Please enable it before using WSL.
grep: /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/WSLInterop: No such file or directory
[error] WSL Interoperability is disabled. Please enable it before using WSL.
/usr/bin/wslview: line 216: /mnt/c/Windows/System32/reg.exe: No such file or
directory
/usr/bin/wslview: line 308: [: -ge: unary operator expected
[error] This protocol is not supported before version 1903.

# apt remove wslu

Audacious now only reports:
Gtk-Message: 10:41:43.684: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

But the file browser opens as expected. And, files open from the
Activities overview just fine.

Packages, which is subscribed to wslu in Ubuntu.

  wslu prevents from opening files and folders on some situations

Status in wslu package in Ubuntu:

  With wslu installed, files and locations can't be opened from Gnome
Activities View neither on Wayland session nor on Xorg one. The same happens
when I try to go to a location from Places Status Indicator extension.In fact,
I filed a bug some time ago against this extension, but that bug was expired.
Now I found the reason for that bug so I create a bug report against the proper
package.
  The bug report against Places Status Indicator is this one:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extensions/+bug/1970181
  I realized the cause of the bug in Places Status Indicator when I saw this
thread: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/701579
  Once I removed wslu from my system (on two different pc's) the problem with
the extension has gone and I can open files and folders from Activities view.