vi0oss came up with a clever workaround for getting this spamware off
our systems.

> Can it be overridden with an additional package which Provides, Breaks and
> Conflicts with ubuntu-advantage-tools?
(From this comment
https://old.reddit.com/r/assholedesign/comments/yg97tk/ubuntu_includes_ads_in_system_update_theyre/iuj7hug/
 -- I went ahead and attached the deb here for posterity, but it's also in that
thread)

So far the deb they created is working for me.

Long term solution being to switch to a distro that respects their
users.

** Attachment added: "fake-ubuntu-advantage-tools.deb"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-meta/+bug/1930914/+attachment/5628220/+files/fake-ubuntu-advantage-tools.deb

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-minimal depends on ubuntu-advantage-tools

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  This is counter to #1566183 There is no reason to enforce desktop
  users who manage machine on their own to install ubuntu-advantage-
  tools, especially when this is 'minimal' version.  This should include
  only essential packages to make the OS functional

  Package: ubuntu-minimal 1.450.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-73.82-lowlatency 5.4.106
  Uname: Linux 5.4.0-73-lowlatency x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.18
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip