2nd Additionally ... this is the error that I get in the console when
launching the snap version ... I'm wondering if this particular document
is trying to phone home or something ...

Error registering document:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient;
type="method_call", sender=":1.949" (uid=1000 pid=368136
comm="/snap/evince/1020/usr/bin/evince ./Galvanize_Stude"
label="snap.evince.evince (enforce)") interface="org.gnome.evince.Daemon"
member="RegisterDocument" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
destination="org.gnome.evince.Daemon" (bus)

Packages, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.

  PDF documents signed with DocuSign show the error message "The
  document contains no pages"

Status in poppler package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to reproduce:
  ---

  1. Open a document signed with DocuSign

  Expected behaviour:
  ---

  Document opens fine

  Actual behaviour:
  ---

  Evince refuses to display the document, with the error message "The
  document contains no pages".

  If document is opened with `pdftotext`, the output is:

  ```
  Syntax Error: Gen inside xref table too large (bigger than INT_MAX)
  Syntax Error: Invalid XRef entry 3
  Syntax Error: Top-level pages object is wrong type (null)
  Command Line Error: Wrong page range given: the first page (1) can not be
after the last page (0).
  ```

  Other information
  ---

  This appears to be a bug in libpoppler, described at
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66636441/pdf2image-library-
  failing-to-read-pdf-signed-using-docusign and
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/-/issues/1014 . I
  believe that bumping the version of Poppler and/or Evince will solve
  the issue, though I have no way to test this as compiling from source
  is a significant undertaking.

  I do not have a public sample document that I could share, but
  examples of DocuSigned documents should be available online.

  Ubuntu version: 20.04 LTS (up to date)
  Evince version: 3.36.10 (official package)
  Poppler version: 0.86.1-0ubuntu1 (official package)