** Description changed:

  > If the upload is a new upstream microrelease, the relevant part of the
  upstream changelog and/or release notes

  Upstream commit: https://github.com/tseliot/ubuntu-drivers-
  common/commit/a7d2d39805e995ed0e655de123b4bb6cff4e6434

  > An explanation of the testing which has been performed on the new
  version in Ubuntu, including verification that the new package:

  For this feature which only impact if the target system has a custom
  file "/etc/custom_supported_gpus.json"

  If the file presents, it will effect packages_for_modalias() and
  _is_runtimepm_supported(). Both functions are important when "ubuntu-
  driver install" a nvidia driver.

  For installing nvidia driver, u-d-c has several test in autopkgtest which
contains:
  * different branch type: LTS/PB/NFB/Legacy..
  * different version type: 390/470/495/510..
  * For this particular feature, we created a new autopkgtest
test_system_driver_packages_force_install_nvidia() which not only secure this
FFE but each version bump.
  which contains:
  1. Normal case (Stock ubuntu), without /etc/customized_supported_gpus.json in
the system.
  2. If /etc/custom_supported_gpus.json contains incorrect json field / format.
  3. /etc/custom_supported_gpus.json point to the older version than candidate.
  4. /etc/custom_supported_gpus.json point to the same version than candidate.
  5. /etc/custom_supported_gpus.json point to a non-exist version of
ubuntu-archive (source list).

  and you can see from "buildlog" attachment, all passed as well as
  "test_system_driver_packages_force_install_nvidia()"

  Refer https://github.com/tseliot/ubuntu-drivers-common/pull/71 for more
  details.

  > state the reason why you feel it is necessary (other bugs it fixes,
  etc.)

  related bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1

  In NVIDIA new GPU release cycle, NVIDIA ships their new GPUs to OEM/ODM for
production.
  In the meantime, NVIDIA usually notify OEM/ODM/Canonical (under NDA) to use a
specific nvidia version to development/production.

  NVIDIA and OEN/ODM will announce the next generation combination at the
  same time usually when the factory ready to ship the product.

  We made Ubuntu as a leading distribution supports many cutting edge
  devices, it's time to have an official way to make the nvidia
  installation consistent in unannounced (yet) nvidia devices to support
  OEM/ODM factory shipment for our growing counterparts.

  > attach (as files)
  > diff of the Upstream ChangeLog (not debian/changelog)
  > diff -u <package>-{old-version,new-version}/ChangeLog > changelog.diff
  note that the ChangeLog sometimes is called CHANGES, is missing or the
tarball merely has a NEWS file.
  > the NEWS file, if you think that this information helps reviewing your
request (true for most gnome packages)

  N/A, FWIK, u-d-c hasn't an official release note something like "NEWS"

  > build log (as file)

  Please refer the attachment "buildlog"

  > install log

  Please refer the attachment "installlog"

  > mention what testing you've done to see that it works

  TBC, I'll provide soon.

  > subscribe (do not assign to) the 'ubuntu-release' team.

  TBC, will subscribe them after completing the materials.
+
+ ---
+
+ [Additional information]
+ * Jammy MP: https://github.com/tseliot/ubuntu-drivers-common/pull/81

> [...]

  OEM/ODM factory shipment for our growing counterparts.

  > attach (as files)
  > diff of the Upstream ChangeLog (not debian/changelog)
  > diff -u <package>-{old-version,new-version}/ChangeLog > changelog.diff
  note that the ChangeLog sometimes is called CHANGES, is missing or the
tarball merely has a NEWS file.
  > the NEWS file, if you think that this information helps reviewing your
request (true for most gnome packages)

  N/A, FWIK, u-d-c hasn't an official release note something like "NEWS"

  > build log (as file)

  Please refer the attachment "buildlog"

  > install log

  Please refer the attachment "installlog"

  > mention what testing you've done to see that it works

  TBC, I'll provide soon.

  > subscribe (do not assign to) the 'ubuntu-release' team.

  TBC, will subscribe them after completing the materials.

  ---

  [Additional information]
  * Jammy MP: https://github.com/tseliot/ubuntu-drivers-common/pull/81
+ * Test PPA: https://launchpad.net/~os369510/+archive/ubuntu/lp1990341

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-drivers-common in Ubuntu.

  [FeatureFreeze Exceptions] Support to install nvidia driver by
  allowing list

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  In Progress
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu: