Oh no, you seem to have installed graphics packages from the 'oibaf'
PPA. That PPA is known to cause bugs like this and is unsupported.

Please remove the PPA from your system completely, and then report a new
bug if the flickering persists.

** Changed in: kwin (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  [amdgpu] alienware aw3423dwf flickers at 165hz under linux only.

Status in kwin package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  alienware aw3423dwf flickers when set to 165hz. Doesn't at 100hz.
  Works fine under windows. GPU is Radeon 6950XT. If I change refresh
  rate down to 100hz it's fine.

  Happened on 22.04 LTS, and the amdgpu ppa made games not work, so I
  upgraded to 22.10 instead.

  Release:        22.10

  I expect the display not to flicker at 165hz. monitor doesn't lose
  sync, it's just like a few pixel wide bar that runs the width of the
  screen that shows up randomly for a fraction of a second. Happens when
  just using the desktop environment, not sure if it happens when
  playing a game.

  filename:
/lib/modules/5.15.0-52-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.ko
  srcversion:     BB7C61D4A8F6AFF924034AA

  99% sure I should be under X11, not wayland.

  Package: gnome-shell 43.1-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Mon Jan 23 18:38:03 2023
  DisplayManager: sddm
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 43.0-1ubuntu4
  ShellJournal: -- No entries --
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to kinetic on 2022-11-06 (78 days ago)