It's been 6 months since this bug was assigned. Perhaps it could be reassigned
to someone who has the time to look at the bug and fix it?
Much appreciated. (This was not a problem until T-bird > 63, I believe).

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  [upstream] In Compose window, if a PDf is joined and clicked to open,
  Thunderbird launches Firefox instead of Evince

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird:
  In Progress
Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  In Thunderbird on Ubuntu Gnome, I set Evince as default program to
  open pdf files from Thunderbird.

  In received messages, and those saved on "Sent" folder, it works
  perfectly.

  But in the "Compose" window: if I add a pdf file to the message, and
  double-click on it to open and verify it, Thunderbird always uses
  Firefox to show it.

  In case Firefox is not installed (has been removed), I have an error
  message telling there is not associated application for pdf files and
  to go to Preferences - where Evince is already and still defined as
  default.

  It happens since many months and bug is still present in Thunderbird
  102 / Ubuntu 22.10 beta.

  It's not the same as bug 234349 as here, it's not an URL file but
  directly a pdf joined in a mail.