Thank you for your contribution. The package is in sync from Debian and
contains translations there. The translations are stripped and shipped
through language packs in Ubuntu. Having an empty binary isn't ideal but
adding delta over Debian (and such increasing our workload by getting it
out of sync) is something we want to avoid

** Changed in: cogl (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cogl (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cogl in Ubuntu.

  libcogl-common's only file is a dev jpg, negating the need for the
  package to be recommended. Will be empty in the future.

Status in cogl package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in cogl package in Debian:

  Gnome-control-center supposedly requires cheese libraries that require
  clutter which requires cogl. The cogl libraries recommend libcogl-
  common, which is how it ends up in both the default and minimal
  installation.

  Here are the contents of libcogl-common in Ubuntu.
  /usr/share/cogl/examples-data/crate.jpg
  /usr/share/doc/libcogl-common/changelog.Debian.gz
  /usr/share/doc/libcogl-common/copyright

  The file /usr/share/cogl/examples-data/crate.jpg accidentally ended up
  alone in the libcogl-common package. The package doesn't need to be
  recommended and exists for an unknown reason in Ubuntu. Debian's
  unneeded translation files are not included.

  The project is archived after being retired-
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/Archive/cogl
  https://blogs.gnome.org/clutter/2022/02/16/retiring-clutter/