Daniel: No, no regression... It's just that such fix is not enough:
there dash-to-dock was handling (properly) the part of Overview startup
Animation, but the problem may happen ever earlier.

As explained in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-
shell/-/merge_requests/2763 (that would be the real fix), we may end up
awaiting an event that won't ever happen.

Play with those scripts sleep values, and the problem happens since 42.

While we could fix this in gnome-shell itself, I preferred handling it
in the dock first, and in future we could backport an upstream fix when
merged.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  Shell startup animation may not complete on early resolution changes

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock source package in Lunar:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ Impact ]

  GNOME Shell startup animation may not complete during startup, leading
  to a non-functional GNOME shell because the workarea could be clipped
  or input events are ignored.

  [ Test case ]

  1. Run this script: https://gitlab.gnome.org/3v1n0/gnome-shell/-/snippets/5749
  2. It's expected to launch a gnome-shell nested instance and perform monitor
changes
  3. The shell should animate to the final state and everything should be
usable:
     - Clicking in shell widgets should work
     - No area is hidden or clipped

  [ Regression potential ]

  GNOME Shell may not start properly, input events are ignored and/or
  the desktop area is clipped.