** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues #2805
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/2805

** Also affects: gtk via
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/2805

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk4 in Ubuntu.

  Artifacts at window borders with mutter 44.1

Status in GTK+:
  Unknown
Status in gtk4 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in gtk4 source package in Lunar:

  I installed mutter 44.1 and gnome-shell 44.1 from proposed, and a few
  of other related dependencies. I don't have everything at 44.1, I
  don't know if we should expect more gnome-related updates in lunar-
  proposed. For example, I have

  gnome-shell-extension-prefs 44.1-0ubuntu1

  but gnome-shell-extensions is at 44.0-1

  Anyway, I wanted to report that I'm now seeing artifacts around window
  borders, when they are arranged to occupy all available area. I should
  note I'm also using gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-tiling-assistant
  39-3ubuntu2.

  I'm attaching a screen recording of what I'm seeing.

  The artifact at the border also happens across monitors. The tall
  chrome window on the right of the left monitor interferes with the
  windows aligned to the left of the right monitor.

  This happened immediately after updating mutter and gnome shell to
  44.1, it wasn't happening before.

  So far I'm seeing them with just google-chrome and chromium (snap),
  but not other apps I quickly tried (gnome-terminal, firefox).

  Package: libmutter-12-0 44.1-0ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME