Codename:       lunar

gnome-video-effects:
  Installed: 0.5.0-1ubuntu1
  Candidate: 0.5.0-1ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 0.5.0-1ubuntu1 500
        500 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lunar/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

The file located in: /usr/share/gnome-video-effects/flip.effect is using the
property "method" which is deprecated as you can see in GStreamer
"https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/videofilter/videoflip.html?gi-language=c";

Deprecated version: PipelineDescription=videoflip method=horizontal-flip

So the fix for this problem is to change the property to the new one, which is
called video-direction, after this the effect will work correctly.

Fix: PipelineDescription=videoflip video-direction=horiz

The program that I used to test this effect was Cheese.

** Affects: gnome-video-effects (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-video-effects in Ubuntu.

  flip effect doesn't work on  GStreamer 1.22

Status in gnome-video-effects package in Ubuntu:

  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      23.04