** Attachment added: "same page which demonstrates this issue"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/2023588/+attachment/5679706/+files/sample.pdf

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  PDF fonts messed up in evince, mupdf, are fine in chrome

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  Just downloaded my credit card statement PDF and opened it with
  evince. Fonts are all messed up. Tried mupdf; also messed up. Opened
  it in Chrome, everything is fine. See attached screenshots of how a
  particular paragraph in the PDF looks in Chrome, evince, and mupdf.

  Also tried loading the PDF gimp, it's rendered wrong there like in
  evince. Same with xournalpp.

  Mupdf is close to correct but I think I think Chrome is doing a better
  job.

  Made sure all packages were up-to-date and rebooted, didn't help.

  Package: evince 44.1-1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Jun 12 15:04:13 2023
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  SourcePackage: evince
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to mantic on 2023-05-20 (23 days ago)