When I was on Windows, I had Thunderbird syncing the calendar.  I think
Thunderbird was doing the same sort of "fixing".

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-calendar in Ubuntu.

  Meetings change to the organizers timezone instead of my timezone

Status in gnome-calendar package in Ubuntu:

  My calendar is misbehaving.  I had this problem way back in 2021, on
  both Windows and Ubuntu, then it went away.  Now it's back.  I am
  exclusively on Ubuntu now.

  I have my google calendar synced to Ubuntu/Gnome.  So my meetings
  result in OS notifications.  I even installed a program that plays a
  very loud and annoying sound for calendar alerts (gaudible).

  I did not get a notification for an important meeting.  While looking
  into it, I literally watched the meeting jump forward by two hours
  without me doing anything.  The meeting was scheduled for 3 PM eastern
  today, so 1 PM mountain (my timezone).  Now it is sitting at 3 PM
  mountain.

  When this happens, the notification does not come at the right time,
  and I miss meetings.  I have no idea whether the problem is in Google
  Calendar or Gnome, but I suspect that Gnome is "fixing" the meeting
  and doing it incorrectly.

  Package: gnome-calendar 41.2-3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.1.0-1013.13-oem 6.1.25
  Uname: Linux 6.1.0-1013-oem x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Jun 14 14:59:16 2023
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)