I'll try to find some time during the weekend to reproduce it with
Wayland. I am using this PC for work during the week and Wayland keeps
crashing with entire session whenever I am in a videocall. :)

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Screens go into flicker cycle after going blank with external
  monitor(s)

Status in Mutter:
  New
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  This happens whenever screen goes blank after inactivity with external
  monitors.

  When there is only one external monitor after few cycles the system
  recovers from the bug.

  When there are more than one monitors the system almost never recovers
  until unplugging extra monitor, as shown in video:
  https://photos.app.goo.gl/td6coEKFQd3DKe9C7

  Happens on desktop and login screen. The same result with Wayland and
  X11. Does not depend on size of the monitor, cable (HDMI or USB-C) or
  is it connected via USB-C hub or directly.

  Package: gnome-shell 44.1-0ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Jun 13 12:36:44 2023
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 44.1-0ubuntu1
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to lunar on 2023-04-21 (52 days ago)