Public bug reported:

The `ubuntu-drivers list-oem` command can be used to list OEM meta-
packages, which is great.

However, there seems to be no way to install listed OEM meta-packages without
also pulling all the applicable third-party drivers - which is something that
we want in subiquity.
`ubuntu-drivers install <oem-meta-package>` does not do the trick and reading
the code, it seems intentional.

One could simply install the packages using apt-get install ; but then
they don't get upgraded to their version in the OEM archive. Instead,
one would need to run:

 * apt-get install <package>       # To install the package from the Ubuntu
archive
 * apt-get update <options ...>    # To make the system aware of the OEM archive
 * apt-get install <package>       # To upgrade the package to the version in
the OEM archive

In subiquity, we decided to duplicate some logic from ubuntu-drivers to
have the ability to do the above. See
https://github.com/canonical/subiquity/pull/1700

Having a single implementation would be ideal so I would suggest adding
a `ubuntu-drivers install-oem` or similar subcommand. This could also be
implemented as a --oem-only flag that would do the opposite of --no-oem.

** Affects: ubuntu-drivers-common (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Add support for install-oem subcommand
+ [feature request] add support for install-oem subcommand

** Description changed:

[...]

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-drivers-common in Ubuntu.

  [feature request] add support for install-oem subcommand

Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu: