Public bug reported:

I have two browsers that I normally love: Pale Moon and Basilisk.
Unfortunately, both trigger a bug in Xorg, where the server just
crashes, and returns me to the login screen. The problem does not affect
the XFCE4 desktop environment, but it does affect Cinnamon. I have a
first-gen Intel Core i5 mobile processor, and while I'm running Linux
Mint 21, I believe the problem affects Ubuntu 22.04.

For more info, please see the bug reports I filed for Mint, from the
following URLs:

https://github.com/linuxmint/mint21-beta/issues/148
https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues/10972

Please note, I just recently tested a daily build of Ubuntu 23.10 with
Gnome, and had the same issue. Debian 12 also has the same problem,
although I have not filed a bug report there.

How to reproduce: use either of the previously-mentioned web browsers,
and open literally any webpage, except those build in to the browser.
(Eg, this very page will crash X, but "about:" pages won't.) X will
crash within seconds.

I will attach the output of "inxi -Fxxxrz" below (as "info.txt").

PS: IDK if "mesa" is the right package for this bug report. Perhaps it
should be an Xorg package?

** Affects: mesa (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "output of "inxi -Fxxxrz""
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2025743/+attachment/5683808/+files/info.txt

** Description changed:

[...]

  I will attach the output of "inxi -Fxxxrz", as "info.txt"
+
[...]

Packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  "X11 connection broke with certain web browsers + window managers"

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu: