After testing packages from the proposed repository for the pending
22.04.3 point release I noticed that color management profiles are no
longer being applied in an Xorg session. I suspect this may be related
to the mesa packages as I noticed the breakage when rebooting shortly
after updating to the 23.0.4 version, though it's possible that there
were other proposed packages installed at the same time. Re-applying the
icc profile or e.g. switching to the red/green 'inverted' test icc
profile no longer have any effect after the update.

Packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Backport packages for 22.04.3 HWE stack

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mesa-amber package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mesa source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in mesa-amber source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  The graphics HWE stack from lunar needs to be backported to jammy for 22.04.3

  mesa
  - new major release (23.0.4)

  mesa-amber
  - a minor update from upstream mesa (21.3.7 -> 21.3.9), though there were no
    changes to the classic dri drivers
  - drops old i915 driver, while mesa provides the more modern i915_dri.so
called
    i915g
  - fixes installation (LP: #2006744) and image build

  [Test case]
  mesa:
  Install the new mesa on various hw configs, check that everything still works
like before or better.

  mesa-amber:
  no need to test anything besides checking that the packages can be installed
next to mesa and image build is fixed

  [Where things could go wrong]
  This is a major update of Mesa, there could be regressions but we'll backport
the final stable release of 23.0.x in order to minimize the chance for those.