The --reinstall did the trick here. Without, it said, it was there, blabla,
nothing happening.
I guess the --reinstall drew in the necessary dependencies in order to not just
being happy.

Thanks for the comment; it feels good to know that I wasn't fantasizing
stuff.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  command-chain ... not found

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  (I'm not familiar with snap, was migrated to it by *buntu for
  chromium-browser)

  Received the usual, well-know notification of having to snap refresh, some
time given ...
  Closed chromium and issue the usual 'sudo snap refresh'. It went through,
without any error indication. Restarting chromium failed, on the command line
with

  $ chromium-browser
  Content snap command-chain for
/snap/chromium/2529/gnome-platform/command-chain/desktop-launch not found:
ensure slot is connected

  Using Firefox, after some Google I found and tried
  $ sudo apt install snap --reinstall
    snap

  And, no, I did not uninstall it. This is my work laptop, and I do only
  the basic and necessary system administration on it.