** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)
    Milestone: None => ubuntu-23.10

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Full-screen youtube hangs desktop

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  On the current Mantic beta images of Ubuntu Desktop for Raspberry Pi,
  running on a Raspberry Pi 4B (either 4GB or 8GB), while attempting to
  play a YouTube video (as part of the ISO test procedure), attempting
  to switch the video to full-screen resulted in a hang of the desktop.

  More precisely, I could still pause and resume the video with the
  spacebar (audio could be heard stopping or playing accordingly) but
  the display was frozen entirely, including the mouse pointer and I was
  unable to recover the desktop (attempting to switch to another virtual
  console with Ctrl+ a function key was unsuccessful, attempting
  keyboard shortcuts to shut down firefox, etc).

  At the point that the desktop freezes the following messages appeared
  in journalctl (obtained over SSH):

  Sep 21 22:05:52 miss-piggy kernel: vc4-drm gpu: swiotlb buffer is full (sz:
524288 bytes), total 32768 (slots), used 2104 (slots)
  Sep 21 22:05:52 miss-piggy kernel: vc4-drm gpu: swiotlb buffer is full (sz:
524288 bytes), total 32768 (slots), used 2040 (slots)

  The system is still responsive inasmuch as I can connect via SSH and
  kill the firefox process, but the desktop remains inaccessible. So far
  the only thing I've found that can bring it back is restarted the gdm
  service (effectively killing the running desktop) over SSH.