Sorry, it looks like results from "$snap connections chromium" lost
formatting in my previous post.  Attached is a screen shot of the
terminal output

** Attachment added: "snap_connections_chromium.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/2038727/+attachment/5707787/+files/snap_connections_chromium.png

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium snap theme parsing error

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  Chromium Version 117.0.5938.149 (Official Build) snap (64-bit) not
  following my GTK theme.  Starting the Chromium snap from the terminal
  yields a theme parsing error:

  (chrome:95638): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:01:12.220: Theme parsing error:
  gtk.css:1:0: Failed to import: Error opening file
  /home/aej/.local/share/themes/Adwaita_modified/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:
  Permission denied

  Previous versions of the Chromium snap have not had this problem.
  Debian 11 + XFCE.  I have been running the chromium snap for about two
  years without an issue like this on this system.  I have reverted to
  the previous version of the chromium snap.