Hi, I don't have records, but I can say I don't have any non
conventional encryption method.

When I tried to install under SNAP, I noticed the data folder had been
moved to the Snap area. I tried to make the import with the Thunderbird
tool and it was ultimately successful. But then I discovered the issue
of not sending emails.

Therefore I tried to move the personal folder out of the Snap area and
load it editing the ini file hoping it was an issue with the snap
folders rights. That did not work as well with the same symptoms of not
being able to write.

For time reasons I had to give up.

Now fortunately Thunderbird has updated via repository and I'm able to
use everything.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird 115 Snap Version in Ubuntu 22.04 - does not send email nor
  saves drafts

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  I've tried to install via Snap Store in Ubuntu 22.04 the new released
  Thunderbird 115. I've successfully imported my old profile from
  Thunderbird 102 (switching it to the new location in Snap path). Email
  download works flawlessly and the system looks good. However, with
  whatever account I try to send emails I get "Impossible to send
  message". Moreover it also does not save into the draft folder with a
  similar message.

  I made all the standard checks refreshing passwords of SMTP. Nothing
  was successful. I tried to link to my account on a fresh install, but
  still not possible to send messages.

  I'm inclined to think there is an issue with Snap space. But I can't
  troubleshoot on it because I am not expert enough.

  Any hint?