I'd just like to update the record to include the trouble shooting steps
for defective media.  However after attempting to do so I realized I was
no expert.  Trying again seams best.  Once an issue is reported by
multiple media using multiple devices, it most likely is not defective
media.  Multiple different media with defects would likely express an
array of different problems, save for failing a media verification step,
not the same problem over and over again.

However a problem can be specific to a certain configuration, so
determining the details of the configuration is a necessary
troubleshooting step.  Furthermore just because a configuration works
100 times, does not mean that it will not fail 10,000,000 times and the
reverse is also true.

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  gvfsd-metadata crashed with SIGSEGV

Status in GVFS:
  Confirmed
Status in “gvfs” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “gvfs” source package in Natty:
  Triaged
Status in “gvfs” source package in Oneiric:

  Testing screen-reader installation for Natty Narwhal Beta2. image is
  Ubuntu-desktop-i386.iso, dated 2011-04-13.

  1. start system with the cd in drive
  2. hit any key after bios checks to get the cd menu
  3. hit F5
  4. down-arrow three times to screen-reader
  5. enter two times
  when desktop stops, orca starts and this error will appear shortly.

  After the live desktop started, I used Alt+F1, right-arrow, right-
  arrow, down-arrow to select install 11.04. This error appears on
  screen.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
  Package: gvfs 1.7.3-0ubuntu2