Hi Marius, Andrey, Lem and other affected users. Please consider testing
the package from the PPA that Andreas prepared. This definitely looks
like SRU material, but we need some kind of verification before
proceeding. Thanks!

Packages, which is subscribed to transmission in Ubuntu.

  transmission-daemon high RAM usage

Status in transmission package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in transmission source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in transmission source package in Lunar:
  New
Status in transmission package in Debian:

  Transmission uses a lot of RAM in ubuntu 22.04 server (arm64) runnign
  on a Raspberry Pi 4.

  It "eats" RAM and the RAM usage grows each hour until it crashes the
  system.

  I sideloaded transmission-daemon and its dependancies from debian 11
  (arm64) locked the packages so apt won't update them and, ever since,
  this issue hasn't happened.

  Release:        22.04