Thanks for the bug report.

When the system is slow please run:

  free -h > free.txt
  ps aux --sort -rss > ps.txt

and attach the resulting text files here.

** Package changed: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) => ubuntu

** Changed in: ubuntu

  Desktop freezing and slowing down when multiple apps running

Status in Ubuntu:

  This machine is being used a lot to cast to Chromecast using Chromium.
  Some days Chromium is regularly freezing every 10 minutes or so. It is
  necessary to restart the computer to  get casting again. Regularly,
  the freeze causes the "force close" or "wait" pop up to appear. If I
  am quick to react, I can quit Chromium and a reboot gets things going
  again. But if I am too slow, sometimes the whole desktop freezes
  including the mouse and I need to Alt-SysRq+B.

  If I am casting and during a boring bit I want to check my emails,
  then running Thunderbird causes the whole system to slow down, and the
  casting to reduce resolution and only update the screen every 10
  seconds or so.

  Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help diagnose the
  problem.

  Package: gnome-shell 45.0-1ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.5.0-10.10.1-lowlatency 6.5.3
  Uname: Linux 6.5.0-10-lowlatency x86_64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME