Thanks for the bug report. If you are able to reproduce the crash then
please add MUTTER_SYNC=1 to /etc/environment, reboot and then find out
the new stack trace.

** Summary changed:

- gnome-shell crash while chaing Chromium browser tab
+ gnome-shell crashed with X error 161 (major 152, minor 23)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  gnome-shell crashed with X error 161 (major 152, minor 23)

  Casual browsing, and then boom "Oh no! Something has gone wrong"
  screen. Ubuntu 23.10, Lenovo ThinkPad P14s gen4 amd, AMDGPU open
  source drivers, also I switched to X Server from the default Wayland
  because of Wayland bugs.

  A stack trace frame I got manually, but I didn't persist much:

  ```
  ─── Stack
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────(138
 results) [2033/2675]
  [12] from 0x00007f62b1f63adb in __glXSendError+155 at ../src/GLX/libglx.c:805

  arg dpy = 0x562471d040d0, errorCode = <optimized out>, resourceID = 0,
minorCode = <optimized out>, coreX11error = 0

  [13] from 0x00007f62b5f0962f

  (no arguments)

  [14] from 0x00007f62b5f09d29

  (no arguments)

  [15] from 0x00007f62b5f0734e

  (no arguments)

  [16] from 0x00007f62b5ee347b

  (no arguments)

  [+]

  ─── Source
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
  789     if (dpyInfo == NULL || !dpyInfo->glxSupported) {

  790         return;

  791     }

  792

  793     LockDisplay(dpy);

  794

  795     error.type = X_Error;

  796     error.errorCode = errorCode;

  797     error.sequenceNumber = dpy->request;

  798     error.resourceID = resourceID;

  799     error.minorCode = minorCode;

  800     error.majorCode = dpyInfo->glxMajorOpcode;

  801     if (!coreX11error) {

  802         error.errorCode += dpyInfo->glxFirstError;

  803     }

  804

  805     _XError(dpy, &error);

  806

  807     UnlockDisplay(dpy);

  808 }

  809

  810 static void NotifyXError(Display *dpy, unsigned char errorCode,

  811         XID resourceID, unsigned char minorCode, Bool coreX11error,

  812         __GLXvendorInfo *vendor)

  813 {

  814     if (vendor != NULL && vendor->glxvc->notifyError != NULL) {

  815         Bool ret = vendor->glxvc->notifyError(dpy, errorCode, resourceID,

  816                 minorCode, coreX11error);

  817         if (!ret) {

  818             return;

  819         }

  820     }

  821     __glXSendError(dpy, errorCode, resourceID, minorCode, coreX11error);

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
  >>> p error

  $1 = {

    type = 0 '\000',

    errorCode = 161 '\241',

    sequenceNumber = 36705,

    resourceID = 0,

    minorCode = 23,

    majorCode = 152 '\230',

    pad1 = 182 '\266',
    pad3 = 32610,
    pad4 = 0,
    pad5 = 0,
    pad6 = 3056388541,
    pad7 = 32610
  }
  ```

  Package: gnome-shell 45.1-0ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Jan 15 09:43:27 2024
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 23.10.1 "Mantic Minotaur" - Release amd64
(20231016.1)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 45.2-0ubuntu2~really45.0
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell