This is failing to retrace due to the fact that there are mixture of
packages from Noble and Jammy. It'd be interesting to look at the
timestamp of the crash versus where we were in the upgrade process but I
suspect it was somewhere in the middle.  Subsequently, I think we should
probably just turn off whatever runs tracker-extract while the upgrade
is in progress. (There is code in ubuntu-release-upgrader to do similar
things.)

Here's part of apport's output:

Get:1 http://192.168.10.7/ubuntu noble/main amd64 libgcc-s1 amd64
13.2.0-9ubuntu1 [63.1 kB]
Get:2 http://192.168.10.7/ubuntu noble/main amd64 gvfs-libs amd64 1.52.2-1 [107
kB]
Get:3 http://192.168.10.7/ubuntu noble/main amd64 gvfs amd64 1.52.2-1 [115 kB]
Get:4 http://ddebs.ubuntu.com noble/main amd64 gvfs-dbgsym amd64 1.52.2-1 [394
kB]
Get:5 http://ddebs.ubuntu.com noble/main amd64 gvfs-libs-dbgsym amd64 1.52.2-1
[403 kB]
Fetched 1082 kB in 0s (0 B/s)
Extracting downloaded debs...
E: Can not find version '3.3.3-0ubuntu0.20.04.1' of package 'tracker-miners'
E: Unable to find a source package for tracker-miners
dpkg-source: warning: -sn is not a valid option for
Dpkg::Source::Package::V3::Quilt
gpgv: Signature made Fri 10 Nov 2023 12:08:46 AM PST
gpgv:                using RSA key 50C4A0DDCF31E452CEB19B516569D855A744BE93
gpgv: Can't check signature: No public key
dpkg-source: warning: cannot verify inline signature for
/tmp/tmpl2x1cdty/tracker-miners_3.3.3-0ubuntu0.20.04.1.dsc: no acceptable
signature found
--- stack trace ---
#0  0x00007f4e079ca909 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x0000000000000006 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
--- source code stack trace ---
#0  0x00007f4e079ca909 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000000000006 in ?? ()
#2  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

** Summary changed:

- tracker-extract-3 crash with SIGSYS when upgrading from 22.04 to 24.04
+ tracker-extract-3 crashes routinely during distribution upgrades

** Also affects: ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to tracker-miners in Ubuntu.

  tracker-extract-3 crashes routinely during distribution upgrades

Status in tracker-miners package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ubuntu-release-upgrader package in Ubuntu:

  Very similar behavior as this existing bug:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tracker-miners/+bug/1983859

  Almost copy-paste of original report:

  When upgrading Ubuntu Desktop from 22.04 to 24.04, there's often
  (pretty much always) a crash from tracker-extract, as described in the
  following error report:

  https://errors.ubuntu.com/oops/7a86fbf0-b52b-11ee-b9e4-fa163e171f02

  The crash occurs during the upgrade, which means it's fairly hard to
  investigate exactly what's going on as apport fails to extract a stack
  trace, the binaries being overwritten during the upgrade.