Ok. First at all sorry: I was thinking about Firefox, that shows the same issue!
But I can reproduce in TB too (so the issue is not directly FF or TB-related?).

1) make two ODT files
2) compress them to ZIP
3) send yourself an email with ZIP as attachment
4) open this ZIP with file roller
5) double click on one of the both files (open with LibreOffice)
6) audit: type=1400 audit(1707394260.979:341): apparmor="DENIED"
operation="open" class="file" profile="snap.libreoffice.writer" name=2F68...474
pid=7299 comm="soffice.bin" requested_mask="wr" denied_mask="wr" fsuid=1000
ouid=1000

I do use Noble with TB snap 115.7 in GNOME Shell.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  [snap] Access to archive files is forbidden

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  1) receive an email with a ZIP attachment
  2) open this archive with usual archive manager
  3) open a file from this archive window
  4) forbidden (probably by confinement)

  So, it could be really nice we could open such archived files in a
  usual and natural way, like in TB deb version.