I have uploaded it, but starting from beta freeze until the final
release all uploads have to be approved by the release team. As I have
done the upload on Friday late at night (CEST) there was probably nobody
of the release team around to pass this upload through. Probably this
will happen only on Monday.

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  cupsd 2.4.7-1.2ubuntu5 on noble crashes due to recently backported
  commits from 2.4.x git

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  While checking out the latest versions of cups (2.4.7-1.2ubuntu4 and
2.4.7-1.2ubuntu5),
  I noticed that cupsd crashes consistently after closing my Firefox tab /
window.
  The title of the crash (from the bug-report window) is "cupsd crashed with
SIGSEGV in ???()"

  I'm running the noble-desktop-amd64.iso from 2024-03-25 after applying
  some updates from the noble and noble-proposed pockets.

  Reproduction steps:
  1. Open Firefox and manage CUPS on http://localhost:631
  2. Go to Administration -> Printers -> Add Printer and choose your printer
  3. Add your printer (I used the ipps:// protocol to manage the printer)
  4. After clicking the "Add printer" button, immediately close your Firefox tab
  5. cupsd will crash and Ubuntu will display a bug-report popup

  Versions:
      Firefox - 124.0.1-1 r4033
      CUPS - 2.4.7-1.2ubuntu5

  Printer:
      Lexmark MS415dn (supported)

  I am unable to reproduce this bug on versions prior to
  2.4.7-1.2ubuntu4 (Tried with 2.4.7-1.2ubuntu1 and 2.4.7-1.2ubuntu2).

  Versions 2.4.7-1.2ubuntu4 and 2.4.7-1.2ubuntu5 only backported commits from
the 2.4.x upstream git branch, so I also opened an issue on GitHub:
  https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/issues/934