This issue is still present with the current latest Libreoffice Snap
version (24.2.2.2) both in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and in the 24.04 Beta.

SMB shares and other GVFS mounted network locations are not visible in
the Open/Save file window.

If I try to manually navigate to the files under `/run/user/<UID>/gvfs/`
I'm getting a 'Permission denied' error.

If I open the file directly from Nautilus using right-click 'Open With',
instead I get the attached error.

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2024-04-22 15-34-32.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1944746/+attachment/5769396/+files/Screenshot%20from%202024-04-22%2015-34-32.png

  LibreOffice from Ubuntu Store/snaps broken GNOME integration for
  remote smb shares

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  1)
  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      21.04

  2)
  Name                             Version                     Rev    Tracking
       Publisher   Notes
  snap list | grep libreoffice
  libreoffice                      7.2.1.2                     235
latest/edge      canonical*  -

  apt-cache policy gnome-shell
  gnome-shell:
    Installed: 3.38.4-1ubuntu3~21.04.1
    Candidate: 3.38.4-1ubuntu3~21.04.1
    Version table:
   *** 3.38.4-1ubuntu3~21.04.1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hirsute-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.38.4-1ubuntu2 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hirsute/main amd64 Packages

  3) What I expected to happen is using any version of LibreOffice snaps from
Ubuntu Software app (i.e. https://snapcraft.io/libreoffice ) works as it does
as if I used the default install of libreoffice. Specifically, when I open the
GNOME Files program via the icon on the bar on the left, I have an smb share
already added via "Other Locations". When I use the default libreoffice install
version as per below, when I attempt to open a file in Libreoffice Calc, the
share is visible and I'm able to open files, edit, save, close, etc.:
  apt-cache policy libreoffice
  libreoffice:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 1:7.1.6-0ubuntu0.21.04.1
    Version table:
       1:7.1.6-0ubuntu0.21.04.1 500 (phased 70%)
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hirsute-updates/universe
amd64 Packages
       1:7.1.2~rc2-0ubuntu2 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hirsute/universe amd64
Packages

  4) However, when I completely remove all things libreoffice-* via
  command line, then install the snap version, the smb share is not
  visible.

  It's confirmed all packages associated with default install are
  removed, and only the snap is installed. I've tried completely
  removing each snap and trying a different version (e.g. stable,
  candidate, edge) but it's the same problem.

  I'm guessing it's something borked with the libreoffice-gnome
  integration between the snap and the GNOME environment but that's a
  wild guess.

  I tried the snap package as the default install Draw kept crashing
  opening a particular file, and was hoping to work around it by
  installing later snap version.

  WORKAROUND: Use default install of LibreOffice.

  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu65.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Sep 23 08:58:30 2021
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64
(20210209.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  Snap: libreoffice 7.2.1.2 (latest/edge)
  SnapSource: ubuntu/+source/libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to hirsute on 2021-09-20 (3 days ago)