I submitted another bug about nautilus, that also affects other system apps
like the snap store, settings and text editor, about the apps not adhering to
the dark theme when opened. I've noticed this only happens when I open those
apps almost straight away after I've booted into the desktop, when I wait a
couple of minutes after boot before opening the apps, they are displayed in
dark mode as expected. The 'Set as Wallpaper...' bug only occurs when I open
nautilus after boot and it's displayed in light mode. My system theme is 'Dark
Style'.
There's no errors when I open nautilus from the terminal. Here's the output:

** Message: 12:01:54.577: Connecting to
org.freedesktop.Tracker3.Miner.Files

I'm using the nvidia driver 535.171.04 and X11.

  can't set picture as desktop wallpaper in nautilus

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  When right-clicking a picture in nautilus, and then clicking on the
  'Set as Background...' option from the menu, it doesn't do anything.
  The wallpaper can be changed from the image viewer though.

  Package: nautilus 1:46.0-0ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu May  2 09:01:15 2024
  GsettingsChanges:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  usr_lib_nautilus: nautilus-extension-gnome-terminal 3.52.0-1ubuntu2