Actually, I am seeing it in nautilus and gnome-console as well. Seems to
only be affecting GTK 4 apps? Not sure what package this should be filed
under now.

Additional context, I am on a 32" 4K display with 150% fractional
scaling. I disabled fractional scaling and set it to 100% to test if
that was the issue, but cursor still large in these apps.

  Cursor 4x normal size only in this app

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  On the Ubuntu 24.10 nightly build I am seeing an extremely large
  cursor in this application compared to on the desktop or in any other
  application.