** Description changed:

  tracking bug
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/adsys/+bug/2078245

  [ Impact ]

  Even if the krb5 ticket is discoverable, the discovery fails (but
  actually succeeded) So we cannot retrieve the policies or do any action
  with the controller.

  [ Test Plan ]

  This is not something that can be easily reproduced in a real
  environment, so the best approach to reproduce this issue is:

- 1. Get adsys codebase before the fix.
- 2. Run the TestTicketPath test located in internal/ad/krb5_test.go as many
times as needed to get the failure (using `go test -count X` runs the test X
times).
- 3. The test can fail due to krb5_init_context changing the errno without
returning any error.
+ 1. Get adsys codebase before the fix. You can do this by getting the
available version in the archive with `apt source adsys`.
+ 2. Run the TestTicketPath test located in internal/ad/krb5_test.go as many
times as needed to get the failure (using `go test -run TestTicketPatch -count
X` inside the mentioned directory runs the test X times).
+ 3. The test can fail due to krb5_init_context changing the errno without
returning any error.

  [ Where problems could occur ]

  We now reset errno to 0, because krb5_init_context() can alter it,  even
  if it succeeds. So the discovery always returns success when it
  succeeds.

  Worst case would be that discovery failed but errno is set to 0 but this
  is handled earlier in the code.

Packages, which is subscribed to adsys in Ubuntu.

  Discovery of KRB5 ticket fails even if ticket is discoverable

Status in adsys package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in adsys source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in adsys source package in Noble: