I have just tested in Precise Pangolin 12.04 Alpha 2 and there is no
improvement.
The BBC iPlayer plugin will show the available channels and categories but any
attempt to list programmes will result in the following in a terminal

me@precisepc:~$ totem

LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_child_add_position:
assertion `g_list_find(priv->children, child) == NULL' failed

LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_child_add_position:
assertion `g_list_find(priv->children, child) == NULL' failed

LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_child_add_position:
assertion `g_list_find(priv->children, child) == NULL' failed

LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_child_add_position:
assertion `g_list_find(priv->children, child) == NULL' failed

LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **: dbusmenu_menuitem_child_add_position: assertion
`g_list_find(priv->children, child) == NULL' failed
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams
Programme has no HTTP streams

** Summary changed:

- Totem not listing available BBC content in Maverick
+ Totem not listing available BBC content in Precise

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Totem not listing available BBC content in Precise

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: totem

  When I attempt to list the available content using the BBC iPlayer
  plugin, I get a consistently occurring error

  Programme has no HTTP streams
  Programme has no HTTP streams
  Programme has no HTTP streams
  Programme has no HTTP streams
  Programme has no HTTP streams
  Programme has no HTTP streams

  Although I am not in the UK (Sydney, Australia), I can see the content
  on the BBC website using Firefox.

  I have another machine running Lucid Lynx that is able to list the
  content using the BBC Plugin in Totem.

  Package: totem 2.31.6-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-20.29-generic 2.6.35.4
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-20-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Sep 12 14:16:10 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" - Beta amd64 (20100406.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_AU.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash