   Network manager shows too many windows on gnome shell

  Network Manager opens infinite wireless authentication windows

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I guess this is a network-manager problem, but I'm not sure.

  1.  Attempt to connect to a wireless network from the taskbar dropdown menu.
  2.  Close the authentication prompt window without entering a password.
  3.  Return hours later to find tens if not hundreds of duplicate
authentication prompt windows for that wireless network.

  Two things come to mind here:

  1.  Ubuntu should not infinitely continue to prompt for authentication to a
wireless network that it has a wrong / no password for.
  2.  Ubuntu should not open a duplicate window for authentication.  If one is
already open, there should be no need to open a duplicate.