Bilal i'll upload the video tomorrow (the bug happens on my work machine) I'm
using gnome shell under precise with nvidia driver (proprietary one).
This bug only occurs on this machine.

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  Empathy contact list flickering when  mouse is over the contacts.

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

  Empathy contact list flickering when  mouse is over the contacts.

  See the attachment

  Package: empathy 3.3.4-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-12-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: dm_crypt snd_hda_codec_idt rfcomm bnep bluetooth
binfmt_misc snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm snd_seq_midi
snd_rawmidi ppdev snd_seq_midi_event nvidia snd_seq snd_timer snd_seq_device
dcdbas snd soundcore snd_page_alloc serio_raw k8temp mac_hid parport_pc nv_tco
i2c_nforce2 lp parport vesafb usbhid hid sata_nv tg3
  ApportVersion: 1.91-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Feb  6 12:04:44 2012
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
   LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en
  SourcePackage: empathy
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-01-30 (6 days ago)