I have reported a duplicated of this bug
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/931213). In my personal
experience I only have problems using Protein Data Bank files (pdb). I use
gedit all the time and i work with pdb files almost all the time, hence now it
is almost impossible to work. I would really appreciate if someone comes with a
solution.
Thanks in advance.

Packages, which is subscribed to gtksourceview2 in Ubuntu.

  (gedit:4985): GtkSourceView-WARNING **: Could not find word to remove
  in buffer...

Status in GtkSourceView Widget:
  New
Status in “gtksourceview2” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 10.04 amd64
  gedit 2.30.3-0ubuntu0.1
  gtksourceview2 2.10.4-0ubuntu1

  Messages such as the following appear on console when editing in
  gEdit:

  (gedit:4985): GtkSourceView-WARNING **: Could not find word to remove
  in buffer (sleep), this should not happen!

  (gedit:4985): GtkSourceView-WARNING **: Could not find word to remove
  in buffer (As), this should not happen!

  (gedit:4985): GtkSourceView-WARNING **: Could not find word to remove
  in buffer (one), this should not happen!