I disagrree on the duplication status. I do not have wicd installed on
my system. Besides bug #793622 is talking about aesthetics en config
file locations. Bug #881262 is something that does not work.

Please clarify or fix status.

  LibreOffice cannot open files on the network (gvfs)

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  I cannot open files on the network from within LibreOffice. The
  network share server is CentOS 5 with Samba 3.0.25 running on it:

  [root@frodo ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
  CentOS release 5 (Final)

  [root@frodo ~]# smbd --version
  Version 3.0.25b-1.el5_1.4

  1. In Ubuntu open LibreOffice Writer
  2. Navigate to somewhere on the network (as connected using "Connect to
server...")
  3. Click on any LibreOffice file.
  4. Nothing.

  However, when I make a symbolic link

  ~$ ln -s .gvfs/foo on bar/some_dir test

  I am able to open files using the LibreOffice "Open File" dialog.

  Also, when starting LibreOffice from the command line, it works:

  ~.gvfs/foo on bar/some_dir$ lowriter myfile.odt

  And, doubleclicking a LibreOffice file from Nautilus, works as well.
  ---
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Package: libreoffice 1:3.4.4-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-13.22-generic-pae 3.0.6
  Tags:  oneiric running-unity
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-13-generic-pae i686
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-10-24 (48 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare