Try installing updates again, see if the lightdm changes fix the issue.

** Also affects: unity (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  logout from unity session while actively working

Status in Light Display Manager:
  New
Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  I have two unity sessions (with two different users):
  - one where I work
  - second where I test CJK localization

  I'm switching between these two and everything works fine. Then I have
  a call (or some other work) so I switch to the unity session where I
  work and do my work. After couple of minutes I'm suddenly logged out,
  my work is interrupted and I'm back in the login screen where I have
  to type my password in order to continue with work. I believe this
  happens once the 2nd session decides it is the time to lock the screen
  (which is fine but I should not be interrupted; just the next time
  I'll try to switch I'll be asked for a password).

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. besides your normal user, create another one (lets say cjk)
  2. Switch to cjk (upper right corner; instead of choosing guest session  I
choose cjk)
  3. switch back to your normal user (again upper right corner)
  4. do your work and wait until you are switched to login screen