** Changed in: lightdm

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Doesn't know system default layout/variant

Status in Light Display Manager:
  Fix Released
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  lightdm_get_layout does not return the correct system default keyboard
  layout/variant.

  For that, pitti says we need to access
  xkl_config->layouts[0]/xkl_config->variants[0].

  Currently, we just grab the first layout returned from
  xkl_config_registry_foreach_layout, which only returns the available
  layouts, not the configured layouts.  So "us" will always be first
  there.