I reported what was marked as a duplicate of bug 931967, but I think it
may apply here too, since I'm using AMD Radeon 6310 graphics.  I'm using
12.04 Beta 1, and using the fglrx driver.  You can see the full details
from apport and a photo under bug 947200.

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  LightDM graphic corruption with ati and nvidia

Status in Light Display Manager:
  New
Status in OEM Priority Project:
  Confirmed
Status in OEM Priority Project precise series:
  Confirmed
Status in Unity Greeter:
  New
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  LightDM shows graphic corruption after entering password and pressing
  Enter. No matter if I choose Gnome Shell or Unity as a session, the
  corruption is still there. No other graphic corruption is visible on
  desktop(s).

  GPU: ATI Radeon 9600 AS (AGP)
  GPU driver: xserver-xorg-video-ati Version:
1:6.14.99~git20111219.aacbd629-0ubuntu2
  Display: L1715S

  Will attach photos later today.

  Package: lightdm 1.1.2-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-16.25-generic-pae 3.2.6
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-16-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 1.91-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386