Per a discussion with seb128 and slangasek on #ubuntu-devel I've opened
a nautilus bug task for this.  The text should not be wrapped after a .
that is not followed by a space.

09:41 < seb128> slangasek, bdmurray: yeah, seems a nautilus icon grid
bug, when renaming the text entry wraps it correctly

** Also affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Ubiquity desktop icon text looks messy

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “ubiquity” package in Ubuntu:

  On a live CD/USB of Ubuntu the icon for Ubiquity looks like this:-

  "Install Ubuntu 12.
              04 LTS"

  (with the 04 LTS on the second line, and centred).

  It would look more pretty like this:-

  "Install Ubuntu
      12.04 LTS"

  Can we add a soft carriage return in there, or some other way to make
  it look less disjointed?