I can't submit the crash report.  I get the following message (in
Dutch):

Het probleem kan niet worden gerapporteerd:

Er staan enkele verouderde pakketversies op uw systeem geïnstalleerd.
Upgrade de volgende pakketten en controleer of het probleem nog steeds
optreedt.

libglib2.0-0, libxi6
The problem cannot be reported
There are older packages on your system. Upgrade these packages and check if
the problem still occurs

I've already installed today's updates and restarted the computer.

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  gedit no longer starts

Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Gedit won't start up today, it worked fine a few days ago. The first
  time this occurred, gedit crashed and Ubuntu started to generate an
  error report. A message appeared that the bug wasn't valid or wasn't
  applicable and told me to update some library. I ran updates,
  restarted but gedit still won't start.

  If I start gedit from a command prompt I get the following messages:
  john@john-EasyNote-MZ35:~$
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning:
g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
    import gobject._gobject

  ** WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum
  when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

  ** WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in
fact it is of type 'GFlags'
  /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:40: Warning:
specified class size for type `PyGtkGenericCellRenderer' is smaller than the
parent type's `GtkCellRenderer' class size
    from gtk import _gtk
  /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:40: Warning:
g_type_get_qdata: assertion `node != NULL' failed
    from gtk import _gtk

  [1]+  Segmentatiefout         (geheugendump gemaakt) gedit

  Package: gedit 3.3.7-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-18.28-generic-pae 3.2.9
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-18-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 1.94.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Thu Mar  8 23:16:21 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha i386 (20120305)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash