Opening it. I see it very often.

** Changed in: totem (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Totem loses sound when seeking or when switching language

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: totem

  Totem Player (using gstreamer) loses sound when changing audio track.

  * .mkv movies (which Nautilus reports as 'Matroska' something or other I
think).
  * commercial DVD

  ------------------

  When starting Totem (the gstreamer variant that is) with the video, it
  will play it okay, but with some default language selected. When I
  change the language, sound stops, even though the video keeps playing.

  The same thing happens when seeking in the movie (.mkv, not confirmed on
DVD), whether it is using the keyboard or the scroll wheel or dragging the
position slider (BTW, isn't there supposed to be a "Seek To: hh:mm:ss" dialog
available somewhere? I can't find it).
  Since Totem often (but strangely, not always) picks the wrong language for
audio and I like to skip back or forth now and then, this makes it rather
useless in playing .mkv or DVD movies.

  PACKAGE VERSIONS:

  totem: 2.22.0-0ubuntu1
  gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg: 0.10.3-6
  gstreamer0.8-ffmpeg: 0.8.7-10ubuntu1 (I'm not sure this package is still
needed, but the v0.10 packages never actually _replaced_ the v0.8 ones in Apt)

  HOW TO REPRODUCE: