I think that's a different thing. The problem here was with processes
that didn't respond to a kill. If they get a new PID, then they are
being killed and something else is firing them up again.

Probably you have a file that is causing the thumbnailer to get stuck,
I'd try to figure out what that file is (lsof will help here) and file a
new bug on it.

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Totem is 'uninterruptible'

Status in PulseAudio sound server:
  Fix Released
Status in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “fuse” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: totem

  I was editing movies and repeatedly watching the outputs with Totem.
  After a while I checked system monitor and saw that there was a stray
  totem process running, and it's status was "uninterruptible". It was
  using less than 200KB of memory but was at 60% CPU usage continuously.
  I could not kill it or stop it. When I went to restart my system it
  took over a minute to leave the desktop, and was never able to
  completely shut down. I had to manually restart. :(

  This only happened once, and I have no clue what caused it to happen.
  I have never had a problem like this before.

  ---------
  Release:      8.04
  Totem Movie Player 2.22.0 (2.22.0-0ubuntu3) using GStreamer 0.10.18 and GNOME