** Changed in: linux-backports-modules-2.6.24 (Ubuntu)

  [hardy regression] iwl4965 cannot re-authenticate wireless after every
  resume from standby/hibernation

Status in Intel Linux Wireless project upstream project presentation in
launchpad.:
  New
Status in “linux-backports-modules-2.6.24” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “linux-meta” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Every time I resume from standby or hibernation NetworkManager does
  not reconnect to my previously connected wireless network.

  Network is protected with WPA2.

  when this happens syslog logs several lines like this one:
  "wlan0: RX deauthentication from [AP MAC ADDRESS]  (reason=7)"

  When this happens I still can see other networks but mine with
  NetworkManager and can connect to them. Mine is even not listed in the
  available networks list.

  To get back functionality I have to remove the driver with modprobe -r
  iwl4965 and then load it again.

  uname is: 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP
  wpasupplicant:  0.6.0+0.5.8-0ubuntu2
  NetworkManager:  0.6.6-0ubuntu5

  This is a regression since with Hardy vanilla this bug did not exist.
  It has been introduced by some update after May 22.