Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. You reported this bug a while ago and there hasn't been any activity in
it recently. We were wondering if this is still an issue for you. Can you try
with the latest Ubuntu release? Thanks in advance.
---
Ubuntu Bug Squad volunteer triager
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

** Changed in: gedit (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gedit (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  gedit Ctrl+W to binary window causes a GtkWarning

Status in Light-Weight Text Editor for Gnome:
  Expired
Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gedit

  Ubuntu 9.04, gedit 2.26.1-0ubuntu1

  Steps to reproduce :

  1. You'll need a binary file, and a plain text file. The file data is not
important, only that one is binary, and one is not.
  2. Start up gedit from the command-line as follows :
  $ gedit plain_text_file binary_file
  Note : The plain text file MUST be loaded before the binary file.
  3. You should now be inside the text file, with the binary file opened in a
separate tab. Press Ctrl+W. You will be switched over to the new window. I get
this message from the console.
  sys:1: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_event: assertion `WIDGET_REALIZED_FOR_EVENT
(widget, event)' failed

  Apart from that, everything is fine.