Most people report this bug as fixed. The people still experiencing
issues never responded to the questions of the developers below. Thus, I
am closing this bug.

** Changed in: gnome-utils (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-utils in Ubuntu.

  baobab fails to show usage after hitting refresh

Status in Baobab:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-utils” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: baobab

  OS: Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)
  Package version: baobab 2.20.0.1-1ubuntu5
  Mirror: Positive Internet

  After telling baobab (Disk Usage Analyser - DUA) to scan a remote
  partition, the first time the usage column is correctly shown.  When I
  hit Refresh in the DUA, the usage column turns to -.-% for all entries
  except the folder I told it scan which reports 100%.

  See the attached screenshot (folder names blurred).

  When I hit refresh I expect the Usage column to reflect the new usage.

  Steps to reproduce:

  1) Scan a folder (eg. Scan Filesystem).
  2) Click "Usage" to sort (ascending, arrow down).
  3) Click "Refresh".

  What should happen:

  4) Usage column displays correct percentages.

  What actually happens:

  4) Usage column is filled with -.- %.