** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 837004
   Horizontally scrolling while highlighting an item in the dash or on an
indicator will open the item.
   cannot change volume by scrolling on the icon when the SoundMenu is opened

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Scrolling with trackpad is very difficult in lenses

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Invalid
Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Although scrolling now works using track pads on mobile devices, there
  is a huge usability problem for scrolling in lenses. These problems
  originate from the large bounding boxes around the icons.

  The behavior of the bounding box is unintuitive. First of all, even if you
are still far away from an icon with your cursor, the corresponding icon is
highlighted and clickable. Only a small area around the icon is highlighted
though, which is in no correspondence with the bounding box.
  Second of all, as I am constantly hovering over some icon although I am
actually far away for it, scrolling with the track pad becomes difficult as the
track pad oftentimes firstly registers the scrolling as a mouse click,
launching an application rather than scrolling down. Therefore I am force to
use the scroll bars.

  A solution to this problem would be to make the bounding boxes
  smaller. This way it would be easier to move the mouse between the
  icons and use that area to scroll.

  It has to be noted that this is no issue in unity 2D. Here, the
  bounding boxes and also the highlighting are completely different, and
  in my opinion solved better.