Hi Ursinha, would you please take a look at this? The main problem is
that when a driver does not use xrandr, it shows up as [default]. In
this case, it's not whitelisted as a "laptop display", and so g-s-d
thinks there is an external monitor connected on lid close. I see two
possible solutions to this.

1) whitelist [default] as a laptop display
2) Andrei's patch. The logic is that if there is only one display and you have
a lid close, you know it must be a laptop display, because desktops don't get
lid close events, and laptops don't ship without a display.

We'll have to consult upstream about this.

** Changed in: oem-priority
     Assignee: James M. Leddy (jm-leddy) => Ursula Junque (ursinha)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  gnome-settings-daemon always prevents suspend when proprietary nvidia
  drivers are used.

Status in Gnome Settings Daemon:
  In Progress
Status in OEM Priority Project:
  Confirmed
Status in OEM Priority Project precise series:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  1. Ubuntu precise (development branch) 12.04
  2.   Installed: 3.3.91-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 3.3.91-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 3.3.91-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://ro.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  3.

  When closing the lid, the machine (MacbookPro 5,3) doesn't suspend.
  Using suspend from the power menu, or using pm-suspend works fine. The
  lid action is detected fine, and upower reports lid close correctly.

  Running gnome-settings-daemon --debug gives me the following output:

  --

  ** DEBUG: Syncdaemon not running, waiting for it to start in NameOwnerChanged
  === Applying Configuration Configuration ===
    Clone: false
    Output: Unknown attached to default
       status: on
       width: 1440
       height: 900
       rate: 50
       primary: true
       position: 0 0
  power-plugin-DEBUG: keyboard toggle on
  power-plugin-DEBUG: lid is closed; not suspending nor hibernating since some
external monitor outputs are still active
  ** DEBUG: Updating client: index=43 name='gnome-settings-daemon'
  ** DEBUG: Updating client: index=43 name='gnome-settings-daemon'
  ** DEBUG: Updating sink: index=0
name='alsa_output.pci-0000_00_08.0.analog-stereo' description='Built-in Audio
Analog Stereo' map='front-left,front-right'