Hi mpt, I'd like to revisit this bug now that we are on Precise with the
new UI. Do you still see it as a problem? Now the stars are simple black
borders that fill in silver when clicked, but I am not sure they yet
qualify as looking "clickable".

I have a separate question that is related to this. Is there a reason
why the stars in the review dialog do not become gold-coloured when
clicked, to match the way the ratings look everywhere else in the app?
If you agree we should change this too, please let us know that too.

Many thanks!
Gary

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  No visual distinction between clickable and unclickable stars

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: software-center

  Ubuntu Software Center 4.0, Ubuntu Natty

  1. Navigate to the software item screen for an installed item that has
ratings.
  2. Choose "Write your own review".

  What you see: The stars to click for rating the item look almost
  identical to the stars that show the average rating. (The only
  difference is in size -- both are far too large, but the unclickable
  ones are slightly larger.)

  What you should see: The stars that are clickable look clickable,
  while the stars that aren't clickable don't.

  <http://www.flickr.com/photos/keyringapp/5595178825/> shows an example
  of obviously clickable stars.